Cordoba, World Heritage Site
In a privileged Hotel Las Casas de la Jewish quarter just opens up the Jewish Quarter, opposite the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, Royal Mews, the Baths Caliph of the Campo Santo of the Martyrs and the Synagogue, 200 meters Mosque Cathedral of Cordoba and the Cordoba Congress Centre.
His rehabilitation as a hotel has been carried out with the utmost respect for history and architecture of the building, resulting in a singular charm hotel with all facilities and services required by the traveler, in an environment of great beauty, to enjoy of peace and tranquility.
Cordoba Alcazar, a fortress and palace of solid walls, encloses much of the architectural evolution of Cordoba. Inmates live with Romans and Visigoths of Arabic origin in the solar majestic as it was a favorite of the various rulers of the city. When in 1236 Cordoba was conquered by Ferdinand III, the building, which was part of the old Palace Caliphate, was totally devastated. Alfonso X the Wise began its restoration, completed during the reign of Alfonso XI. Throughout history it has multiple uses such as headquarters of the Holy Office (Inquisition) or prison (in the first half of the nineteenth century).
The visitor first sight this strength is surprised by an almost rectangular building with large ashlar stone walls and four towers that outline the angles (the Lions, the Keep, of the Inquisition and the Las Palomas).
The Royal Stables
In 1570 Philip II gave vent to his passion for horses and plans to create the purebred Spanish. This command Mews building in a part of the site of the Alcazar. Share with real strength military markings. In this attractive building raised the Spanish horse, also known as Andalusian, of Arab descent. The main room, vaulted ceiling whose edge is supported by sandstone columns, is divided into small blocks or boxes. Today belongs to the City and is currently being renovated to restore the culture of horse in the history of the stables.
Together with the Baths Caliphate
These baths were part of the Caliphate and were sent Fortress built in the tenth century by the Caliph al-Hakam II for the exclusive enjoyment of the monarch, his harem and his court. Respond to the order inherited from the classical Roman baths cold rooms, warm and hot, vaulted rooms organized and illuminated with star-shaped skylight. The bathrooms were enlarged two Almoravids and Almohads as evidenced by archaeological remains that appeared in the latest excavations carried out by those who brought to light.
Next to the Synagogue
In Andalusia and only one third of the best preserved medieval period in Spain, is located in the neighborhood of the Jewish quarter of Cordoba. Built between 1314 and 1315 according to the inscriptions found in the building served as a temple to the final expulsion Jewish. Across the courtyard is accessible to a small lobby. To the right of the stairs leading up the entrance to the female. At the front main room opens. Quadrangular floor, is decorated with Mudejar atauriques. The wall that supports women's platform opens with three arches decorated with beautiful plasterwork. In 1492 Jews are expelled.